Here's what you need to know about cyber crime. Don't let it happen to you.
Cyber crime is a $388 billion industry.
$114 billion in cash in the last year.
$274 billion in lost time for victims.
Cybercrime refers to criminal activity conducted via the Internet. These attacks can include the following:
- Stealing an organizations intellectual property
- Confiscating online bank accounts
- Distributing business information on the Internet
- Disrupting your critical internal structure
- Personal and confidential employee information
- Credit Card information
The average time to resolve cyber attack is 18 days.
FBI Top Crime Types Statistics:
- Non-delivery payment/Merchandise 14.4%
- FBI related scams 13.2%
- Identity theft 9.8%
- Computer crimes 9.1%
- Miscellaneous fraud 8.6%
- Advanced fee fraud 7.6%
- Spam 6.9%
- Auction fraud 5.9%
- Credit card fraud 5.3%
- Overpayment fraud 5.3%
At Syracuse Technologies, we provide a Free Business Technology Assessment to ensure you are taking all of the right steps to protect yourself from this growing industry.